Monday, July 1, 2013

Thank You Cloverleaf for the Referrals, If Nothing Else.


by Dietrich Schmitz

I have to laugh.  In reviewing referral sources for the month of June, Cloverleaf-linux.org is quite active.

Thank you so much Cloverleaf Team!

If nothing else, my story, to which you so generously linked, does have merit. (Image credit: bubblews.com)

And, I think those who assess the level of mean-spirited behavior your clan displayed in the comment section confirms what I wrote.

Much of what goes on in many camps, like yours, is ego-driven, opportunistic, and shows little talent.  It is, yet, another cookie cutter Distro in the ever-growing Distrowatch sprawl.

My prediction is that you'll have one year of busy bee work and then everyone will grow tired and then say, "I don't want to play anymore.", and then that will be the end of it.

I give credit to only a few community Distro teams for having the intellectual capacity to drive and move Linux forward.  Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mageia, Gentoo and Arch really do the bulk of the technology grunt work, while the other rag tag teams ride on their coattails and take every opportunity to pat themselves on the back.

Otherwise, it's pure ego fulfillment and much intellectual masturbation prevails in the Linux ecosystem.

Don't like what I write?  Please.  By all means, put up another back-link to it and thank you very much in advance for the referrals and, of course, we mustn't forget, your usual vitriol.

Cheers!

--Dietrich


Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment