Friday, May 31, 2013

Dealing with SPAM

by Dietrich Schmitz


Folks, I have no choice but to treat you like children instead of adults when the level of spam gets out of hand.

Today, full moderation has been enabled and will remain so until further notice.

That means, there will be delays in processing the pending DISQUS queue.  Your post is there.  Give me time to approve it.

For those living in other far-reaching time zones, please know I like to sleep and so there will be gaps as much as eight hours before I respond to overnight comments.

If the situation changes, I'll let you know.  But for now, there are many people out there with clearly too much time on their hands and fresh minds, so moderation it will have to be.

Also, I am filtering those respondents who don't provide 'real' email addresses with their comments--that also includes individuals who insist on using anonymous temporary/expiring email addresses (typically lasting 10 minutes) so as to avoid there being an audit trail back to them.  They simply get bucketed to spam.

I apologize to the 'sincere' followers for this inconvenience.  

Thank you for your cooperation.

--Dietrich
Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments:

Post a Comment